Friday, September 26, 2008



Family...

I love having family around. I think the older you get the more you cherish your times together. This past week, my father-in-law went to be with Jesus and we traveled to Pennsylvania for the funeral. We stayed a couple of extra days and just had a good time with Bill's family. I am just getting to know them all, as I am one of the newest members but I love them all dearly. There are 5 boys and 1 girl in Bill's family. Then there are 15 grandchildren and I think 38 grandchildren. EVERYONE was there except two grandsons and their children. It was a crowd. It was just a wonderful week-end. We laughed and cried at all the stories. When the wives are together, it is amazing how much the boys are alike. They hate the same foods and have a lot of the same traits. It is just so funny. The last evening we were there, one of the nephews built a bonfire. We sat around, sang, roasted marshmellows and laughed some more. It was just a wonderful time together even though were sad to say good-bye to Bill's dad. He is so much better off and we would never wish to have him back. He is running around on the streets of gold - something he has looked forward to all of his life.

1 comment:

Maresa said...

so nice to keep up with your blog Teri. Sorry to hear about Bill's dad, but your right.. so much better off. Take care and keep posting!! love ya'll